When was the last time you had a really bad day? You know what I mean, the kinda day where you hit your snooze on your alarm so many times you can’t remember. The kinda day where you just don’t feel like doing anything.
What is your story…..90% of success is just showing up.
-Start by acknowledging you showed up…recognize and appreciate
We all have these types of days, but it’s how you respond to these days that will truly define you as a person and determine the success and happiness you have in your life.
Today I want to talk about what you can do to really get out of these “traps” that we get stuck in…the cycles, the “trapped inside my head”, the “I don’t feel like doing what it takes” kinda days.
Prosperity Pillar #3 I act in spite of my mood…
-there is a reason that this pillar exists
I know it’s easier said than done, so lets discuss how you can ensure you either Eliminate, Reduce or Deal with these days in a more productive way…
- most settle for structure from others…like a job
- find ways to set your own structure
- examples: workout, meetings, routine, commitments
- there is a difference between rituals and structure
- best example of structure
- doing a call, zoom, meeting even when you don’t feel like it
- appointment with a trainer, friend, etc
- schedule business, family and lifestyle like a job would
- make time for memories, lifestyle and fun…to refresh your mind
- human nature fights to protect you from pain, stress, etc.
- we need accountability to survive and thrive…to push us
- find internal and external ways for accountability
- seek help, support, mentors, business relationships, and milestones
- measure, track and report…sometimes reporting is simple way
- Non Negotiable Priorities
- You have to decide what is non negotiable in your life
- base this around your values: health, relationship, success, people
- make the decision and commitment to never stop or allow breaks
- health and fitness is one of mine…workouts prime the day
- determine the Big Domino you can set as a non negotiable
Remember a couple of key things:
- Every day is a clean slate
- Every moment is an opportunity to start fresh
The KEY…The Turning Point is in Decision and basically CHOICE.
Learn to minimize your number of bad days with some of your own strategies…
Learn to break the cycle when you recognize you are starting to have a bad day, attitude or mindset…
Find a way to push through and recognize your own efforts, results and commitment to growing and learning.
You can do this…
George Wright III